Roasted Pear, Bacon and Pecan Salad
- 5 ripe but firm pears
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 125g bacon lardons or thick cut bacon pieces
- ½ cup pecans
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- seeds scraped from 1 Heilala Vanilla Bean
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400⁰F. Line a shallow baking tray with baking paper.
- Peel, quarter and core the pears and toss with the oil. Arrange on the baking tray in a single layer.
- Roast pears for 40-45 minutes, turning the pears every 15 minutes. In the final 15 minutes of roasting, sprinkle over the bacon lardons and in the final 5 minutes, sprinkle over the pecans.
- Serve roasted pears drizzled with the vanilla vinaigrette (recipe below).
For the vinaigrette
- In a small bowl place the vinegar, Dijon mustard, brown sugar and vanilla seeds. Whisk to combine. Drizzle in the olive oil, whisking well until emulsified. Alternatively, make vinaigrette in a screw-top jar and shake well before using.