Pear & Vanilla Gin Fizz Cocktail
Servings: Makes enough syrup for 4 cocktails
Time to prepare: 20 minutes
Pear Purée Syrup
- 1 cup finely chopped/blended pears of any variety
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup Heilala Vanilla Syrup
To Make One Cocktail:
- 25 fl oz Gin
- 2 Tbsp pear purée syrup
- ¾ cup soda water
- Crushed ice to top
Vanilla Sugar Rim:
- 2 Tbsp Heilala Vanilla Sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
- Begin by finely chopping or blending your pears. Then add the pears, sugar, water, and vanilla syrup to a small saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook about 5-8 minutes until the liquid becomes an amber color. Stir frequently while the pears are cooking to evenly cook.
- Remove the pear puree syrup from the heat and strain.Use a spoon to press any remaining liquid out of the pear solids. Set aside the pear solids and use only the strained syrup for the cocktail recipe. Let the syrup cool to room temperature before using.
- To make a cocktail add 1.25 fluid ounces of gin and 2 Tbsp of pear purée syrup to a 8 oz glass and whisk together. Next, add ¾ cup soda water to the glass and stir. To finish, add ice to top and stir. A rim of sugar and vanilla bean around the glass makes a great addition to this drink. Enjoy!
**Recipe Note: Save the solid part of the pear puree to top ice creams, french toast, or any other dessert!
**To create a sugar vanilla rim: First, pour 2Tbsp of Heilala Vanilla Sugar onto a small plate. Then, add water to another small plate or bowl. Before making your cocktail, dip the rim of the glass into the water and then dip into the plate containing the vanilla sugar. Let it sit 5 minutes before making the cocktail so it sets.