Salted Chocolate and Vanilla Bean Brittle
- 1 cup salted butter
- Extra butter to grease pan
- 4 to 5 sheets lightly salted crackers
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Easter eggs
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Heilala Vanilla Bean Paste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with tinfoil. Grease the foil with butter making sure to grease the sides of the pan as well.
- Take your cracker sheets and place them at the bottom of your prepared pan, snapping as necessary to fit and completely covering the bottom.
- Place the brown sugar and butter into a heavy bottomed saucepan and bring to a boil over a medium heat, whisking occasionally.
- Once boiling, whisk constantly for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and mix through the Heilala Vanilla Bean Paste. Carefully pour the mixture over the arranged crackers and spread over to ensure all are covered.
- Place the baking sheet in the middle of your preheated oven and bake until the caramel is bubbly all over - approximately 8 to 10 minutes. Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven and place on a wire rack. Let it stand for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the crushed Easter eggs over top of the hot toffee layer and leave for 2 minutes or until soft and melted. Take a silicone spatula and spread the melted chocolate over the toffee to completely cover.
- Sprinkle with toasted pecans and sea salt. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Chill in refrigerator until toffee firms for about 30 minutes. Break or cut into pieces. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.