- Beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add the egg and combine well. Beat in the molasses and Heilala Vanilla Extract.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and spices together add slowly to the butter mixture making sure to combine well after each addition.
- Separate the dough into two pieces. Flatten and wrap firmly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight to allow the spices to infuse into the dough.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat oven to 345˚F.
- Work with one piece at a time, keeping the second piece in the refrigerator until you are ready to use, roll out on a well-floured board to 1/8 inch thick. Working quickly so the dough does not become too soft, cut with a cookie press or cutter to create the Festive design of your choice.
- Place the cookies on a lined baking tray and chill until firm again. Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden.
- Cool before removing from the tray.
Makes approximately 5 dozen cookies