The Best Easy Chocolate Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and position rack to the middle of the oven.
- Spray a 9”x13” (33cm x 23cm) ovenproof dish with nonstick cooking spray or line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, Black Cocoa Powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until lump-free.
- Add in the milk, oil, Heilala Vanilla Extract, and eggs to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Dissolve the instant coffee into the hot water.
- Pour the hot coffee mixture over the cake batter and very carefully whisk until smooth and very runny.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35 -40 minutes or until a skewer or knife inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before frosting if desired.
Easy Chocolate Icing
- Mix the butter/margarine and add the Black Cocoa Powder.
- Mix until smooth and thick.
- Add the milk and stir together, the mixture will look lumpy but keep stirring until smooth.
- Mix in the powdered sugar and Heilala Vanilla Extract until soft and spreadable.